As previously annouced the Combat Kickboxing Academy has organised a Light Contact Continuous competition in Thurston (near Bury St. Edmund) for the 27 September 2009.
All members interested in participating should notify Massimo by Email, by 10 September 2009, indicating their weight, date of birth and number of fights to date. Each participant must be prebooked and he/she will be prematched with opponents of similar weight, ability and experience in order to maximize fairness and the quality of the competition itself.
Cost of participating to the competition is £12 to be paid in advance: visitors can pay at the door £6.
Please find enclosed the rules (directly copied from the organizer’s letter) that apply:
- NO SPINNING BACKFIST
- NO BACKFIST
- NO TURNING BACKFIST
- NO DROP SWEEPS
- NO SPIN SWEEPS
- NO FACE CONTACT FOR UNDER 16 YEARS OLD (HEADGUARD ONLY)
- ALL KICKS ABOVE THE WAIST
- BOOT TO BOOT SWEEPS ONLY
- NO BELTS TO BE WORN
- LONG TROUSERS ONLY: NO SHORTS
- SHIRTS TO BE TUCKED IN
- GROIN GUARDS TO BE UNDER TROUSERS
- HEAD GUARDS TO BE WORN BY ALL
- CORNER STAFF TO BE SEATED, NO LEANING ON THE ROPES
- ONLY 2 CORNER STAFF
- NO ADMITTANCE TO FIGHT AREA WITHOUT A PASS: BE READY WHEN YOU ARE CALLED TO FIGHT
- ALL BAGS TO BE LEFT IN THE WARM UP AREA
- SHOW GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
- TOUCH GLOVES WITH YOUR OPPONENT
- RESPECT TO OTHER CORNER STAFF
- NO WARNINGS WILL BE GIVEN
- CORNER STAFF HAVE THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT
- WATER IN A SUITABLE SPRAYER
- TOWEL FOR FIGHTER & THE FLOOR FOR SPILLAGES
- LIGHT CONTINUOUS ONLY
- EXCESSIVE CONTACT WILL RESULT IN DEDUCTED POINTS OR DISQUALIFICATION
- DISRESPECFUL BEHAVIOUR BY CORNER STAFF FIGHTERS OR SPECTATORS WILL RESULT IN DEDUCTION OF POINTS OR DISQUALIFICATION.
- BLOOD RULE APPLIES